background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

ok, i'm a littlte obsessed...

with the show, "who do you think you are" on NBC on Friday nights...
I love learning about my own family history... and one of the things that i want to do is get a month long subscription to Ancestry.com. I've seen every single episode (THANKS ONDEMAND!!) since they started this show last year. I decided to look up a few of the last names that i know of that are in my family (MANY of them are scotch-irish...cause we're awesome like that). SOooo I just looked up a few to see where my family was from in Ireland and found a bunch of info...BUT i just researched my family motto which is...

An Lámh Fhoisteanach Abú" which translates as "The Steady Hand to Victory".

Melinda, guess what my new tattoo is gonna say?!?;)

feeling smarter...most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment