background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

hi, my name is crazy...nice to meet you.

this past week has been...nuts. like...totally nuts. I will start with last wednesday. Mr. G and a few of his buddies got together to support a friend going thru a rough time. I made muffins AGAIN and had a few left over and dropped off a few to E at school since it was midterm week (BOO!) but the muffins seemed to make him happy (MAGIC MUFFINS!!). That basically sums that up. I am so glad Mr. G has a great group of guy buddies around him.

Thursday...HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY! Mr. G and I are both Irish so we tend to celebrate in big ways (well, in the past). This year we were both supposed to do cab company with the church, Mr. G got roped into orchestrating the biggest party in our town but got free food and drinks out of it (AND we ended up scoring a free nights stay and a free dinner!!) I ditched and went to hang out with a friend who's grandma had passed away at the beginning of the week. We had a REALLY great time BUT her and her kiddos were sick so...

Friday...I woke up feeling fine...tired...but fine. By Friday night I could feel the sickness coming on. SO, I took meds and Mr. G and I spent a quiet evening at home.

Saturday was CRAZY...it was GORGEOUS outside and even though I felt TOTALLY lame i HAD to get out. So I cleaned out the gutters, cleaned the whole house, cleaned out the flower beds, bought seeds, and then i went home...and crashed. I mean hardcore. I was SOO sick.

Sunday...layed around all.day. WAIT, i made a cookie pie...it did not turn out great.

Monday...still feeling sick but taught, went to blockbuster with my bro and dad and bought MANY sweet movies. hooray

Tuesday...I found out my great grandpa passed away. Wow. He was 101 and lived a good full life BUT he had been deteriorating for quite some time and it was time for him to go to heaven. I am glad he is there with Jesus and his bride. I am sad for my dad and for my grandma...but more happy than sad.

Wednesday... planned our trip for going to PA for the funeral. Sadly, I have to leave Mr. G behind. it is breaking my heart to leave him here. One of just has to stay behind and run things at the studio. But I'm going to miss him like whoa. Good thing I'll be back Saturday.

So...here's the this CRAZY whirlwind trip. We leave Indiana tomorrow at 3 drive 8 hours and get to my grandparent's house (WHICH doesn't have enough beds for all of us to sleep on...awesome). Go to my grandpa's funeral at 11am. Spend the day with the family. Wake up Saturday morning, go to brunch with my family and drive BACK to Indiana. SERIOUSLY...if I get a chance to catch my breath...i will be shocked. I'm armed with Rome, United States of Tara, and 3 more DVD's and my ipod chock FULL of new tunes. Sigh, hope I continue to feel better and not get any worse. I am SO tired of being sick. I'll keep you posted from the road i hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment