background

Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan Earthquake, California Tsunami...

I had many things to post about today but thought i would save those for another time. I had a GREAT day involving MANY friends and some great talks. As many of you know who have read my blog my best friend lives in California...like 14 states away. I am thankful for us BOTH being AT&T subscribers, for unlimited long distance calling, for facebook, email and blogs so we can stay in touch. We got to talk for awhile today which warmed my heart. Many times I think to myself that I have no one to talk with honestly (besides Mr. G) but now and again you need the girl perspective and she gives it to me freely. We spoke several times today (OH and I'm thankful for texting)...between her keeping up with me on her tsunami situation (a harbor about 30 miles north of her was destroyed today) and also comforting my biological clock which seems to be unmoving at this time. What a great friend. I love her dearly.

We invited the whole staff out to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight to send off Keith in style. Keith has worked at the studio before we even got there. He's moving to Nashville to play with his band. That's really hard and really scary and as an artist myself I am often worried about taking HUGE leaps like that so we wanted to support him and love on him before he left...love on him with chicken wings. We chowed down and had some AMAZING conversation with a DEAR friend over a very difficult situation that they are handling with such grace and such wisdom. It's always amazing when someone finally opens up and shares about the struggles in their own lives...it's great to look at them honestly and say...i know EXACTLY where you're coming from.

I also have a buddy who lives in Hawaii and I've been thinking about him a LOT today. He's been giving quick updates on his computer about what's happening and here's what i know... Kona is completely flooded. The shops are all flooded and it's just been crazy there. Right now it's noon there so I'm sure he'll keep posting when I go to sleep but my heart is heavy for him and all the people affected not only in Japan by the tsunami and earthquake but also in Hawaii.

Traveling over the years I've left my heart in MANY places. Fallen in love with the people, and the culture, and the stories, and the history, and the scenery. Seriously. I think little pieces of me are left in NYC, in Seattle, in Orange, in Philly, in San Fran, in Rohnert Park/Cotati, in London, in Montgomery Alabama, in New Orleans, in Hawaii, in Japan, in the Philippines and a BUNCH of other places along the way. Thinking about the things going on around the world today and all the places i've been makes the world a little smaller to me. They say the generation I'm in will ALWAYS view the world as a smaller place far smaller than any generation before me but today i realize how small it is for me. I have met people from the places where the earthquake happened. I have friends (Some of my best) who were under a tsunami warning all day. My world is small today. and i feel so small in it...super small.

Here's a great pic from Jeremiah's facebook. Jeremiah and I went to the Philippines together and he lives in Hawaii. He is safe but has a LONG road ahead of him. He is another person who's world is small. Praying for him, his family, his church, and his island this evening...and praying for the people in this picture who represent a little piece of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment