background

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bear Down...

I think my husband has said this phrase 6 times in the last 2 minutes that I talked to him. He was at the store randomly talking to OTHER Bear's fans while on the phone with me saying "Bear Down" and he said it to me on the phone at least 3 times. I don't think he's excited about this game at ALL...He's gone to the store to buy "snacks" for the game and let me just say... the dude's gone overboard. If you don't know what "bear down" means it's something that Bear's fans say to other Bear's fans... like how Penn State fans say "We Are..." to another fan and the other fan replies "Penn State". Don't worry, these probably aren't common phrases but I live in boy world... With a husband, a father, and 2 brothers who LOVE football more than they can possibly explain...so it's either join in or get COMPLETELY left out from Thursday-Monday of regular season play. I'll leave you with the Bear's song they play after every touch down and you are judged if you do NOT sing along...
Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;
Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.
Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

No comments:

Post a Comment