background

Monday, January 17, 2011

my modeling debut...

So, when I was in highschool a few of my girlfriends and I who had a flare for the dramatic (we were THESPIANS!!) would borrow a camera and shoot a model tape where I would speak in a bored posh british voice all quiet and whispy "i'm a model" and then i would explain how fabulous my life was as a model. like many girls i've watched america's next top model and listened to the advice(model h to t and smile with your eyes! push your back out, take your chin to me) but to ACTUALLY put that into motion... not.so.easy.

When Jamie asked me to help her I was HONORED! Of course I would love to help you out. In my little naive brain I'm thinking... "it will just be normal and regular girls... not... MODELS..." i was wrong. It was me...and 2 ACTUAL models.Baha, I mean everyone says... "you should feel FLATTERED!!" I do and yet, i also feel like i was TOTALLY out of my league...I was nervous going INTO the shoot when I thought it was people like me (NOT MODELS!) I will say they were REALLY sweet and I was the only vapid narcissist:)

As promised...I'm adding the rest of the pictures from my shoot...if you'd LOVE to see the ones of me and the REAL models:) You can visit Miss Marah's page (weird fact: Marah and I met 5 years ago working together at....can you guess???... a daycare center...we taught the 3 year olds...and now she's a photographer and I'm a music guru?... obviously childcare is not our calling:) Here are the one's I took on Sarah's camera. She was so sweet to let me borrow her camera (i may have unintentionally pulled out my crappy cell phone to take pictures... i think she felt bad...) and then she went the extra mile and posted them on her facebook.

i absolutely LOVE detailed tiles, also LOVE exposed pipes... I know I'm a weirdo.



here's Jamie doing make-up:) she's precious!



Back up to the 3rd floor!
Here's another shot of the wall and the windows (yep, i'm singing that song in my head now too;).



Here's one of my favorite details...this was the crown molding...CROWN MOLDING... they don't make it like this anymore. OH, and this is tin painted to look like copper and painted over with white. Some of the white was off of the top tiles and holy amazing. I would say whoever remodels should KEEP the tiles and have them SANDBLASTED (not powerwashed as someone ELSE suggested...they would RUST...they're tin:) so they could be restored to the tin...even painted with the copper again.



Shot this from the back room to the front room...OH, all the rooms I shot through had working fireplaces in them. I wondered if I might be able to get away without anyone noticing and just secretly move in. I did have my wedding dress... I could have just acted like a scary ghost?!



So when Steve and I got married and talked about our dream houses one thing that I dream of on almost a daily basis is having my own fireplace... I DON'T EVEN CARE IF IT WORKS!! I just want a fireplace... i love them. I will take...this one.



There you have it. I became a model (something I have been practicing since high school). I am unsure if this was ever seriously on my bucket list but someday, many years from now, I can tell my children that in fact there mother was indeed a model and a rock star. Is it just me or do I sound like an AWESOME person on paper?!?;)
-k

2 comments:

  1. I don't think your link is working... but it might just be my phone being silly.

    ReplyDelete