background

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ICE DAY!!:)

I was so thankful to be off work today. I mean I'm not 100% for sure and feeling like my insides want to be on my outsides today makes me even MORE excited I could lay around for 45 minutes. I was able to do SO much which was awe-some.

I took down the christmas decorations. ANNNnnddd...it's the 20th of January...I think that's a new record for me. BUT everything is down and put away. After all the decorations were down and all the furniture and lighting was rearranged i started to realize that...ummmm...i need to do some work. Seeing as steve and I moved in here at the beginning of December and I made sure to unpack Christmas stuff I think the 3rd day we were in I hadn't seen the house WITHOUT the decorations and here's my conclusion.
1. Something HAS to happen with our staircase. It's really narrow and the railing slats are all uneven (the house is SUPER old and the banister is rather umm...loose?) so I have to figure out what to do there. We did have garland wrapped around it and some ribbon. I think I might put flowers along there or...paint it?
2. I need a few more things to hang in the house...I can see 4 areas that need something hung on them right now. I think I have an idea for one of them but I need a few other things and I can't figure out what else to put up on the walls.
3. I want to paint the cabinets in the kitchen...white. With black antique looking hardware. We could actually just keep the hardware we have on them now but I do want to paint them white. Steve says he think we'll have to sand them and then primer and THEN paint them. I think we MIGHT be able to get away without sanding them. I want to paint a LOT in the house but since we're just renting I've told myself no I may not.
4. I need some better throw pillows. I think I'm going to make some. I would LOVE to have cute ones that i could just buy at the store but with Cash being shedy mcshederson i don't think I can justify it. So I'm looking for cute fun pillows I can make. Now that the sewing machine is working again (THANKS GRANDMA WANDA!!!) i am going to sew to my hears content.

I think that's it for the downstairs...I haven't even begun to tackle the upstairs... which I will not until we have imminent house guests.:) Alright, must go to bed.

OH, I just dyed my hair...pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment